How to hold down a full-time career, get a graduate degree, participate in a social/charity group, and grow a fetus in your uterus all at the same time. The working woman's guide to pregnancy.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Every Waking Thought...

For the last three weeks, I've restrained myself. I have gone to great lengths not to blog about my current obsession. But I can stand it no longer.

The one thing that has been the center of my universe for the past month has a name: Hillary. And, no, I'm not talking about a nice name option for my unborn child. I'm talking about Hillary Clinton, the subject of the media plan I'm writing for my graduate course on political campaign communications.

I have become obsessed. I talk about the project with everyone I see. I even dream about Hillary. It's just sad. Sometimes when people ask "how's the baby," for a moment, I think their asking about my paper.

Fortunately, I will deliver this paper on Wednesday. Then I will be able to think about more exciting projects going on in my life!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I love Hillary - when I was in the 7th grade, I named our kitten Hillary for the president's wife.

What are your thoughts about a possible bid for the presidency?

DarcyLaine said...

Samantha--Glad to hear some Hillary-love! I think she would be a great candidate and president... but actually writing the plan that will help her get there has been one of the most challenging assignments I've ever had.

unkie matt said...

Hillary? That's a terrible name for a guy to have.